Hi! My name is Jamie Nelson and I am a self-proclaimed Foodie! For years, I’ve owned and managed restaurants, High Bar and Malbecs, in Venice Beach, California. I'm happily married to my gorgeous husband, Drew, and we are proud parents to a beautiful baby boy! They are the loves of my life! Now, I love my job, meeting and talking to my customers, but what I LOVE more is the Food. The Smell of the Food. The Taste of the Food. And how it makes everyone feel....HAPPY! Of course, a little cocktail doesn't hurt either. And if I'm to be perfectly honest, a little drink and a lot of soul put into a delicious meal is the most amazing union I’ve come to know...And I'm going to share it with you as I travel around the world on....Jamie’s Road Show Kitchen!

I'll be traveling the globe discovering and sampling all kinds of concoctions and creations, writing reviews and sharing experiences. Ill also be sharing with you other foodie-type helpers who want to make your life more scrumptious and decadent!

Let’s kick it off with a little, zany cooking show I found on Youtube (Episode One, the rest you can find on their Vimeo Channel!) called, “IT Girls on the Stoop” because why not take a moment and see who else out there loves what you love, right? And I found two classic chicks who I’d love to spend a little time in the kitchen with.  Meet Hillary and Crystal.


Crystal Chappell and Hillary B Smith are actress from my stories...too many shows to list but Oh, I loved them and their dramas! Now they’re out of the fictitious towns and in the kitchen cooking up all kinds of trouble...I mean delicious and easy-to-make dishes and alcoholic beverages. The show is easy to watch (it runs about 12 minutes) and is packed with all kinds of on-the-run recipes AND reminds us of how important it is to keep your friends close...but not so close they can pee on you...LOL. Take a look..... 



See what I mean? I love these ladies! And really, why not start with desserts? My kinds of gals. I had a chance to talk to the chefs. Here’s what they had to say: 

Jamie: So, how did you two ladies meet?! 

Hillary: We met on the set of ONE LIFE TO LIVE when Crystal joined the cast. I will never forget thinking, “Wow! We just landed the sexiest woman on Daytime. Wait, they are making her a nun?! Oh NO! They are making her a circus clown?! She’s taking juggling lessons?” She’s a very versatile actress! We have remained friends ever since. 


Crystal: I remember seeing Hillary win her Emmy for Lead Actress. I was between shows and working on a movie. I had never met her but was in awe of her strength as an actress. There are some people who are so at ease with their skills and talent and she is one of them. And then I found out we both have a penchant for doing naughty things so that pretty much sealed the deal for me. 

Jamie: Ah! I’d ask about the naughty but this is my first blog and Im trying to keep it PC. 

Hillary/Crystal: That’s probably good/Ok Whatever. Jamie: When did you learn you could cook? 

Hillary: When I had kids and I had to start cooking healthy for them. I realized, if you can read, you can cook. So I read, cooked and learned from my many mistakes! 

Crystal: I'm still not sure I can cook. LOL I can follow recipes so that helps. I have found, like Hillary, through trial and error, what maybe doesn't work. And I do find it cathartic in some ways...a creative catharsis. And, look, if it sucks, the dogs will love it! 

Jamie: After all the shows you have done together, what made you decide to do a cooking show together? 

 
Hillary:We did a scene from Venice Season 5 (venicetheseries.com) in the kitchen where Guya teaches Gina how to make lasagna and a cake. It was a really funny scene. Adriana edited together really well. It was so much fun. The fans really responded and suggested that we do a cooking show together and Voila! 

Jamie: Venice? Season 5? Hmmm, come to think of it, you two remind me of some friends of mine. Any way....you were saying... 

Crystal: Yes! And while we were making our film, A Million Happy Nows, where we both served as producers, we ended each day on the stoop of our location having a cocktail and going over the day. After a few gulps, we not only had the worlds problems solved but were entertaining our crew. Hillary suggested we were the It Girls on the Stoop...to which I said, “Yes! the Stupid Girls!”....We went with her name. 

Jamie: LOL Perfect! You two are certainly creative! OK serious question now....WHAT is your favorite food? 

Hillary: I love artichokes! Crystal: Really? Me too! 


Hillary: They are just the perfect food. However, I always wonder who ate the first artichoke. How did that happen? It really is just a giant thistle! 

Crystal: They must have had drawn butter. Dip anything in Drawn butter and its tasty. Yup, that’s what happened! I'm sure of it! 

Jamie: Where did you get the recipes for the shot? 

Hillary: I believe most of them came from the fans and some we found on the internet. We went for the names! 

Jamie: Yes, I saw...a Wet... 

Crystal: Bitty Kitty....a little kitty in a shot glass....that’s right. And it was delicious! I truly love our fans! 

Jamie: They are amazing from what I’ve seen! So, where did you get the recipes for the show? 

Hillary: These are personal recipes that we make at home. Some came from a cookbook and have been modified. Some are family fun secrets. And some are just from the top of our heads. Stoop-ITSimple! 

Crystal: Not to go all wise assy on you but the older I get the more I value my time. So, my quest is to find recipes that make life easy, that can be very tasty and free up time to spend with family and friends.   I'm not longer an employee of the "Sweating the Small Shit" Company.  Pour a glass and hug your crockpot!

Hillary: I love hugging her crockpot. 

Crystal: Right back atcha! 
 
Jamie: Well, so much for PC! LOL Really, this is a fantastic, fun show and you two are great hosts! Can I come visit the IT Girls? 

Crystal/Hillary: Absolutely!/Pull up a Stoop! Jamie: So, will there be a season 2?

Hillary: Um...yes! or should I say, “Yum, yes!” 


Crystal: Well done there, Hillary. 

Listed in every one of my blogs will be the recipes for the meals you see...including the complimentary cocktails that accompany the dish! Check out IT Girls on the Stoop: Doing it Stoop-It Simple” on Youtube (Episode 1!) and Vimeo (9 MORE episodes)! And Bon Apetit! 



Until then....I'm on the Road looking for love in all the Right Places...Good Eatin’ Everybody!
J

Comments

  1. I absolutely love this show. Hillary and Crystal are an f-ing riot. I don't know how Cryatal has the time to do all the things she does. I'm sure it's because she loves what she's doing and the red bull helps. I don't sleep a lot and I too am a fan of energy drinks to keep me going. Red Bull doesn't work for me though. The first time I tried it, I took a 3 hour nap. When I woke I renamed it Cozy Kitten. I was glad I wasn't at work because I need to stay awake at work. I do home care for mostly the older generation. One of my cliients just turned 101. I'm in his home about 4 overnights per week, but it varies. He's amazing and in better shape than I am. I'm really only there for safety. I work 10:30pm - 4:30am. He doesn't get up a lot, so basically I'm paid to watch tv. He's the sweetest most gentle man and a joy to know. His wife is a little ruff around the edges, but has experienced a lot of heartache in her life. We never know what people have gone though, or are presently dealing with. So it's always good to be kind to everyone. She use to remind me he's her man, but not so much any more. I had thought about telling her I'd rather date her daughter in law. Then decided not to, since they're all Trumpanzees. Some nights when I arrive they're watching the fox channell and the volume is on 100. Luckily they usually head off to bed before my ears start bleeding. I think the Fox channel and the other talking heads have brainwashed them. My entire family except one niece voted for Cadet Bone Spurs. There are many days I long for a total blood transfution. I want President Obama back. He was the first president in a long time that made me proud to be an American. I dragged my daughter Amanda to his first inauguration, she was 14 at the time. My ex who gave birth to her was suppose to come, but decided the night before she wasn't going. I wasn't surprised, and was actually happy about it. That's an even longer story. I'm hoping it girls continues for years. I love everything Crystal has done. She's a brilliant, compassionate and a truly genuine woman. I'm so grateful for what she's doing for our community. It has definitely become a calling for her. I haven't met her yet, but I'm sure I'll buy a perk that takes care of that. I'm saving up to purchase a visit to the Venice set. It would be a joy to meet everyone involved in the making of Venice. The entire cast and crew are all so unbelievably talented. I'd better stop now. As usual my messages always turn into a short novel. You take care now. I'm sure I'll write again.
    ☮ 💜 Sabra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment